Thursday, July 19, 2007

Two Days!!!!


I know I'm 29 years old. I know I shouldn't care about the release of a children's book. I know as an English teacher I should be dutifully studying my classics in preparation for the upcoming school year. But, every time I think about the feeling that will wash over me when I open the book to page one of the last Harry Potter book ever, I get a little shuddery. If anyone in the blogosphere even attempts to spoil this moment for me, so help me God....I can't foresee the wrath that will be unleashed. Anyway, Gryffindors rule and Slytherins drool. -C.L.

3 comments:

Iguana Banana said...

Totally!!! We are also anticipating the release in our house! As a matter of fact, we're headed to our favorite offbeat bookstore for a party to celebrate the "birth" of this new book. We, too, are complete and utter geeks!

Iguana Banana said...

hey - I've actually read the book. Finished it Sunday night (late) I must say I was pleased with it. Lots of many things to tie up, and done fairly well. But, to be sure, it is NOT a children's book. It may have started as a children's book, but we all know it transformed into something much, much more.

Rick

. . . said...

I haven't read a single one...and think I'm totally missing out on something. But I'm still a geek. And proud of it!