Thursday, June 21, 2012
I need to start writing down the things that Elliot says because they are just too funny and plentiful.
1. Elliot had his first baseball game and he was very petrified to play. His games are 45 minutes. He cried and wouldn't go near the game. After 20 minutes of coaxing, I got him to sit on the bench with me. He did that for 15 minutes and then played in the outfield with Chris for 2 minutes. Then he finally played! He batted and ran the bases, smiling his face off the whole way while the crowd cheered. Well, then the game was over. He went to the huddle and then walked up to us and said, "That game sure was short."
2. We were on a nature hike at Buffalo River State Park for Father's Day. Elliot said, "Look Mom, I can see Hollywood over there." Me: "Did you know Grandma Bobbie was born in Hollywood?" Elliot starts sprinting up to Bobbie and I said, "What are you doing?" Elliot: "I better see if Bobbie remembers that!"
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
This picture was taken on the first day of school, 2011.Ethan is a 3rd grader this year in Mrs. Rheault's class. He loves school. Not to be the bragging mom, but I'm going to brag about my child now. Ethan was chosen for the Discovery Group for gifted and talented kids, is in the accelerated math group, and is in the top reading group. Okay, enough bragging. I'm just so proud of him, not only for how smart he is, but because he tries so hard and cares about the work he does. He cares about getting his homework done and doing well on tests. I love that kind of diligence. Ethan still loves reading and devours books like I devour Cheetos. He's very into baseball, soccer, and basketball. He still loves the Packers and the Twins. He's very into video games especially Zelda: Skyward Sword lately. He's growing up so fast, but I couldn't be prouder to be this kid's mom. He and Elliot get along very well for the most part. Last night, on our way home from soccer pictures, they had this interaction while looking at Ninjagos.
Ethan: Elliot, how about we like Cole and Kai the best. Let's like them the best, okay?
Elliot: Okay Ethan, we like those guys.
Ethan: But can we agree, that Cole's power is lame?
Elliot: Yeah, very lame.
(We get home.)
Ethan: Thanks for the talk Elliot.
Elliot: Thank you, Ethan.
It's moments like those that I never want to forget. Hence, this blog. :) -RL
Since it's been so long since I've added anything to this blog, I thought I'd add a bunch of pictures at once and briefly go over how things have changed. See above. Edison is standing. He's very close to walking, but has not taken a step. He's 11 months and I think he will be walking by his 1st birthday!
1. Freckle Juice by Judy Blume (finished on 5/1/12)
2. Junie B. Jones and the Stupid Smelly Bus (finished on 5/8/12)
3. Fantastic Mr. Fox (finished on 5/23/12--Elliot's 5th birthday!)
4. Junie B. Jones and that Meanie Jim's Birthday (5/30/12)
5. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (6/20/12)
6. Pooh and Some Bees (6/20/12)
7. Pooh Goes Visiting and Pooh and Piglet Nearly Catch a Woozle (6/21/12)
8. Junie B. Jones and her Big Fat Mouth (7/9/12)
9. The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane (current book)
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Well, it's been quite awhile since I've added to this blog. A lot has happened over the last 11 or so months, but the biggest thing is what I will start with. We added another boy to the family Lien! Edison Lennon Lien was born on May 27 at 8:28 p.m. He was due June 15, scheduled to arrive on June 9. Apparently, he was just too excited to wait any longer! We came home on May 31 after a quick stay in the pediatrics unit to be treated for jaundice. What a wonderful addition to our family--he is so loved.Edison Lennon Lien
5/27/11 @ 8:28 p.m.
6 lbs. 15 ozs.
5/27/11 @ 8:28 p.m.
6 lbs. 15 ozs.
19 3/4 inches long
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Elliot has taken after Ethan and fallen in love with dinosaurs. We took them to Walking with Dinosaurs at the Fargodome and were convinced that they would both love it. Chris, Ethan and I all thought it was amazing. Elliot went from mild fear to completely terrified within 10 minutes. We took turns playing in the lobby with him and coming in for brief peeks at any new dinosaurs that had come out. Then Elliot would point to the lobby and say, "I need to go. They gonna bite me!" The next day he wanted to go and see them again, so apparently we didn't scar him for life. -RL