Saturday, February 9, 2008

Snips and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails....

At 5 months pregnancy, we found out we were having another boy, our little Elliot. When you have 1 boy and are pregnant with another, the most common reaction from people is: "Oh, were you hoping for a girl?" Add the look of pity and you've got the picture. The truth is, I feel really lucky to have 2 boys. As a child, I was pretty tom-boyish. I have never been a girly-girl, so if I had a daughter like that, I would not know what to do with her. Having a daughter would scare the bejeebus about of me. (Aside: Emma is a great part-time daughter, but the dynamics are definately different than an actual mother/daughter relationship.)

Ethan is into so many things that I am genuinely interested in, mainly dinosaurs, animals and his newest obsession Star Wars. I love reading about all of these things to him. I love digging in the dirt, playing in the snow, laughing about the word "poop", explaining why Luke can't marry Leia. You can do all of this with a daughter, I know, but there is something so fun about the wild antics of boys. Buying light sabers is cool too. May the force be with you all! -RL

No comments: