Saturday, January 17, 2009

2009: The year of the Schlien...and probably Obama.





Happy New Year one and all! I haven't got my blog on since way back in '08 so I thought I should represent. 2008 was an amazing year for me in many ways. I got plenty of family time going to Emma's basketball games and choir concerts, reading volumes of books with Ethan, and teaching Elliot the fine art of tickling. All in all, I was able to see a lot of the world with trips to North Carolina, Scotland, Florida and Northeastern Minnesota. Professionally, I started teaching ninth grade which is a treat because I learned that ninth graders still care about learning. Who knew? For 2009 I hope to spend more time travelling with (and without) my children and visiting family and friends around the country. Recently, I discovered Facebook. Apparently, one can be friends with thousands of people just by clicking a button. Nice, huh? Another goal, besides dominating Facebook, is to finish my Masters in Liberal Arts and spend more time biking. In the meantime, though I'll keep shoveling my driveway and pray that God realizes that he's overblessed us with snow. Seriously, enough is enough, Dude! I hope that all is well in your worlds and look forward to reading all of the comments you leave. -C.L.

1 comment:

bonnie said...

Feelin' fine in two thousand nine. - brian jars