Friday, August 17, 2007

Voldemort Can't Stop the Rock!


Sorry for the horrifying image, but sometimes you wake up in the morning and you feel like Voldemort looks. Today marks the last two weeks of freedom I have before school begins and I am thrown into another stressful year of events. While I am aware of the relative luck I possess in having three months of freetime (not including grad school classes, continuing ed credits, and general curriculum upkeep...) like many students at this time of year, it is with a certain bittersweet taste in my mouth that I return to "work". My summer was wonderful, though, getting to know my baby boy, playing countless games of hide and seek with Ethan, visiting the Brainerd Lakes area for fun in the sun, and working on various house projects. The summer of 2007 may be coming to a close, but the feeling of accomplishment will continue into the autumn.
Looking again at the above picture, it occurred to me that as scary as it is, I never actually feel as ugly as Voldemort looks. Life is pretty wonderful, really. To all of you who toil with the increasingly difficult job of balancing family, marriage, and career good luck and if you need a reminder that life could be worse, simply remember the image above.---C.L

2 comments:

Iguana Banana said...

I sort of relate to that pic of the creepy Big V. Some times, I think that I might look like that to my kids. I get so overwhelmed with what I "have" to do, that I become monsterous. I wish that it were easier to remember to enjoy the little things instead of getting wrapped up in the "should's."
I am glad that you had time to enjoy your kids. We have been thinking about you guys a ton. I want to play another family game of baseball in the red dirt of North Dakota... you up for a game?

. . . said...

Ahh, Voldemort. I thought this was David...returning home at 4am from a 20 hour shoot day on a music video. I often times connect with moms who are doing the marriage, kids, family thing. It's nice to hear (and be reminded) that the guys are doing their own amazing balancing acts. Enjoy your return to the school year!