Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Summer Breeze...Makes Me Feel Fine....

This picture does not do our new deck justice! Dennis & Chris built this over the summer. Dennis providing the deck expertise and Chris being his gofer. Dennis did an amazing job and it looks beautiful. It's great for grilling, eating, reading and drinking Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy.

Summer is over. It's official. Chris and I both went back to work on September 4 and haven't seen each other since. I know that our jobs are pretty sweet gigs. I work 8 months and Chris works 9. We have 3 months together in the summer to relax and be together. But that much time with my family makes me miss them even more. It's nice to have a family that you miss and can't wait to be around. These pictures remind me of summer. Ethan playing in our backyard and me kissing Elliot a lot.




3 comments:

Iguana Banana said...

Oh, Rikki -
I know exactly what you mean about missing that family time. You are a step ahead of so many people because you actually like your family. Lucky girl.
Nice deck. (That sounded nasty, but I mean "nice wooden structure that is attached to you lovely home.)

Iguana Banana said...

BTW - tag. you're it!

. . . said...

Ahhhh, summer. I haven't had a Shandy all summer. Is it too late?! Love the deck! It's so nice to have carpenters and woodworkers in the family! Speaking of family, I hope you are all adjusting to your new schedules and that the school year is off to a good start for y'all. I picked Freya and Esme up at preschool early the other day because I was missing them so much! You know what I miss about Minnesota in the fall? The turning leaves (of course), apple orchards in Wisconsin, pumpkin patches, big sweaters and old blue jeans, long Sunday afternoon hikes and comfort food! Hope you are enjoying it all!