Sunday, September 23, 2007

Ready, Ready, Ready, Ready to Run...

This past Saturday, I had the pleasure of running the Bridge to Bridge Bash with my husband, Christopher "Marathon Man" Lien, his sister who shall from here on be known as the Bionic Woman and Laura Dandaramo. Laura and I ran the 5 mile race. Chris and Bionic ran the 10 mile. It was very hot and hilly, but really fun. I did not think that I would finish this race and I made that known throughout by complaining about how tired I was. Chris stuck by my side and would not let me give up, which I am very grateful for. He ran much slower than he's used to, so I wouldn't be alone...and they say chivalry is dead! Bionic Woman was a super stud and I'm surprised she didn't just run back to Minneapolis. This rag tag team will meet up again for the Fargo Marathon.....Marathon Man, Dandaramo and Bionic...oh yeah and me, the Complaining Tortoise. -RL

3 comments:

Iguana Banana said...

Congratulations! To all of you. That is quite an accomplishment. I've got to get through yoga before I can even think about running a marathon. I wish that we could all be there to cheer you on for the Fargo marathon. Any chance you'd come and run the St.Paul Marathon?

. . . said...

So great! Congrats to all of you, especially the tortoise! I'm going to be in MN to watch my brother and his daughter run the TC Marathon in a couple of weeks. I'm usually inspired to tears when I watch marathons and see everyone doing their personal best. And Chris & Rikki, how nice that you ran together!

Chelle said...

I am so proud of all of you! Nice work!