Sunday, October 28, 2007

Unique New York, Unique New York or Tagged Part Deux

Ten unique things about Christopher Dennis Lien

1. I live in the city I grew up in and have never moved away. I teach in the high school I graduated from and will probably teach at the local private liberal arts college I attended. Unique is a synonym for depressing, right?

2. I have run a half-marathon despite the fact I participated in no competitive or non-competitive athletic activities at the high school or collegiate level.

3. I can sing, play guitar, banjo (sort of), piano (somewhat) and trumpet (not really).

4. Even though I grew up in Minnesota, I have little to no waterskiing skills. In fact, the one time I went waterskiing I was surprisingly adept, but I retired from the sport shortly thereafter. I have officially gotten up on skis once and have never tried again.

5. One day, when I am done having children and all that, I will travel the countryside with my culinary wife and we will blog after each restaurant visit. She will be the food expert and I will be the goofy sidekick. After much hoopla, we will publish a book called "The Traveling Gourmet and her Husband". She will provide food information, and I will provide comic relief and "insight" to the culture and customs of the local scene. We will at least make $37 dollars from this venture.

6. I was a father, married, and divorced all by 21!

7. I pride myself on knowing quite a bit about baseball (thanks Gramps!) and football despite being generally terrible at both sports.

8. I could eat Rice Krispies three meals a day for the rest of my life. I probably will. That will be chapter three of the aforementioned travel/food book.

9. I do not text message. I refuse to on the basis that it feeds into a society of machine like automatons. Plus, I don't know how.

10. Last but not least, I will always want to grow the thickest man beard. Alas, my rotten genes prevent this from happening. I guess I'll have to make do with my baby smooth skin. Oh, well. --C.L.

3 comments:

. . . said...

Can I pre-order that book? And are you traveling and writing before or after your in-house chef opens the restaurant? I already commented on Rikki's ten things...I wish we lived closer. Thanks for sharing!

Bethany said...

OhMiGosh! You two are hilarious!

I am SO with you on the text message thing.

If you guys write that book, I believe you'll make AT LEAST $42. Serious.

So, that was fun!

Iguana Banana said...

Oh, Chris! I am so glad that you filled in all of this stuff about you. Hilarious.
I can't wait to read the book. Can I come along on the trip. I have had this desire to drive through rural back roads just because we can. (Maybe it was the long long trips to Reeder that incited this desire?) A book seems like a pretty good excuse.
I think that I remember the water skiing event. I didn't realize that it was the one and only. good grief.
Non-competitive Rice Krispy eatin' baby faced man. Yep,that about sums it up.
BTW - I'm glad that you're writing again. I thought that maybe I'd made you too mad to write again. I missed you. :-)